What is Methadone 10mg?
Methadone 10mg is a part of the opioid (narcotic) family of drugs. It is a prescription medication used for treating severe ongoing pain. This medication is also used for treating opioid addiction as a part of the treatment program. Methadone 10mg pills when practiced help the patient by preventing withdrawal symptoms caused due to stopping other opioids.People who are suffering from severe ongoing pain when prescribed with this medication could buy Methadone for using since it works inside the brain to change how they feel and respond to pain. However, patients prescribed with this medication should use it for occasional use or pain on an as-needed basis.
What is Methadone 10mg used for?
Methadone pill is a pain reliever which belongs to the opioid family of medications and is prescribed by the doctors for treating ongoing severe pain. Methadone is also part of an approved addiction treatment program and is used for treating other opioids addiction.
Since Methadone is a medication meant for an ongoing pain hence shouldn’t be used for pain on an as-needed basis.
What are the side effects of Methadone?
Let us get to know the side effects this medication has before people buy Methadone pills online and start practicing a Schedule II controlled substance.
Common side effects that could be seen in patients who start using this medication are:
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty in having an orgasm
- Insomnia or other sleep problems
- Decreased sex drive
- Dry mouth
However, Methadone is a controlled substance, and abusing it could cause severe side effects like:
- Stomach pain
- Difficulty waking up or severe drowsiness
- Unusual tiredness
- Loss of appetite
- Severe dizziness
- Weight loss
- Difficulty urinating
- Swelling or itching in the face, tongue or throat
Immediately inform the doctor and get medical help if any of these symptoms could be seen.
What are the precautions to using Methadone?
Precautions that should be known by people before they buy Methadone for using are:
- Before undergoing any medical procedure, a patient of these prescription drugs needs to inform the doctor about all the products they use, including herbal products and non-prescription or prescription drugs.
- Methadone should not be used with alcohol since combining both these substances could be fatally harmful. Both Methadone and alcohol are nervous system depressants, and combining them together could lead to breathing problems, weak heart rate, coma, which could even lead to death.
- People who use this medication should avoid driving or doing work that requires attention since the drug might cause dizziness in the patient.
- You should not use this medication if you are allergic to the drug, or have other allergies since it could contain inactive ingredients that might cause allergic reactions.
- The elderly adult patients who use this medication should be extra careful since they are a lot more sensitive to the side effects of this drug, especially shallow breathing, confusion, and dizziness.
- Using opioid medications during pregnancy could cause life-threatening withdrawal symptoms in the newborn.
- Patients suffering from severe asthma or blockage in the intestines should not use this medication.
- People who have a head injury, heart problem, brain tumor, kidney disease, urination problem, or thyroid should consult their doctor before taking this drug to make sure it is safe for usage.
What helps Methadone withdrawal symptoms?
Methadone belongs to the class of drugs mainly prescribed for treating pain. Methadone, when used in hefty doses or for a long time and then suddenly the consumption of this drug, is stopped, the patient might suffer Methadone withdrawal. The only way to avoid these symptoms is by consulting a doctor for gradually reducing the dosage of the drug so that no withdrawal symptoms occur.
However, patients who are having withdrawal symptoms could only be cured by medical treatment in a controlled environment. The mild withdrawal symptoms could be treated by aspirin, acetaminophen, or ibuprofen while intense withdrawal symptoms might require hospitalization.
How long does Methadone withdrawal last?
The symptoms of Methadone withdrawal usually begin within 24 to 48 hours, which peaks in the first few days and could last anywhere between 2 to 4 weeks. The symptoms would gradually start fading away during this time. Generally, most people who quit Methadone would stop witnessing these symptoms after three weeks.