What is Soma Pill?
Soma is the brand name for marketing Carisoprodol, which is the active ingredient present in this medication and is used for treating muscle pain and discomfort. Soma pain pills are muscle relaxants that block the sensation of pain between the brain and nerves. This medication is used along with physical therapy and rest for treating musculoskeletal pain. This medication relaxes the muscle of the patient and is meant for short-term use, not more than three weeks.
What is Soma used for?
As already mentioned, Soma pills are used along with rest, physical therapy, and other treatments for relieving muscle pain. These pills help the patient by relaxing their muscles, which helps to treat musculoskeletal pain. This medication, when used starts effecting within half an hour of usage, the effect of which could last for up to six hours.
Even though it is a muscle relaxant, we could call it by another name as well, Soma sleeping pills. Since it functions on the nerves present in the brain along with the spine to relax the muscles, this effect of the drug on the nervous system could cause tiredness and help the patient falling asleep.
Soma Side Effects:
Let us inform you of the side effects this medication has before people order Soma 350mg without prescription online.
The side effects that could be commonly seen in patients using this medication are:
- Upset stomach
- Blurred vision
- Inability to sleep (insomnia)
Inform the doctor if any of these side effects worsen or last for an extended period.
Stop using the medication and inform the doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects could be seen:
- Trouble sleeping
- Trouble breathing
- Severe dizziness
- Redness to face
- Deep breath with dizziness
- Dry mouth
- Chest pain
- Pain in the throat or upper stomach
Severe allergic reactions of this drug are rare and need immediate medical assistance. Hives, difficulty breathing, itching, severe dizziness, and swelling in the face or throat are some symptoms of the serious allergic reactions of this drug.
Now that we know the side effects this medication has let us also discuss the safety measures for using Soma 350mg.
- Carisoprodol could be habit-forming thus should not be shared with other people since misusing habit-forming substances may lead to addiction, overdose, or death.
- The patients who are suffering from Porphyria should not use this medication.
- People who are allergic to Carisoprodol, or tybamate, or have any other allergies should inform the doctor about it before using the drug. Since the medication might contain inactive ingredients which could cause allergic reactions.
- Pregnant ladies should consult the doctor about using Soma pills.
- This medication is not approved for patients who are younger than 16 years of age.
- You need to inform the doctor about your medical history, especially about any blood disorder, seizures, liver or kidney disease, or history of substance abuse before using the medication.
- Alcohol should not be used with this medication since mixing both these substances might lead to slowing down of the brain activity. Thus the user might pass out.
- The elderly patients who use Soma pills are a lot more sensitive to the side effects of this medication, especially confusion and drowsiness. This increases their chances of falling.
- People who use Soma should avoid driving or doing work that requires attentiveness since the drug might cause dizziness.
How long does Soma stay in your system?
The average half-life of Soma is 2 hours; however, it could take about 1 to 3 hours for half dosage of this drug to leave the system. Depending upon the half-life of this drug, we could say that it would take approximately 11 hours to leave the system entirely.